Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DMB in Milan

Last night we caught the Dave Matthews Band at the Palasharp stadium in Milan. It was my first time at this venue and from outside, it looked pretty ugly - a big ol' slab of concrete. But my excitement grew after we entered. It was small! We didn't have any problems finding seats that were close to the stage, around 10th row to the right of the stage. The view was fantastic compared to the last time I saw them at Shoreline in Mountain View. I could see their faces, no screens required.

And as usual, they did not dissapoint and played a fantastic show. In addition to the core band members, they also had Jeff Coffin, an amazing saxophone player and Rashawn Ross, a talented trumpet player. All together, DMB sounded as good I remembered, probably even better.

Dave was in a good mood, joking with the crowd about Italian food, wine and women. I really had a great time. Now being in Europe, I'm missing out on concerts in general but getting to see DMB in such a small venue?  Priceless.


 


Proudest Monkey
Satellite
You Might Die Trying
Funny The Way It Is
Seven
Squirm
Crash (Into Me)
So Damn Lucky
Lying In the Hands of God
Why I Am
Dancing Nancies
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Jimi Thing
Burning Down The House
You and Me
Don't Drink the Water
__________________
Baby Blue
Everyday
Ants Marching

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails