Thursday, April 10, 2008

Snow Day

A couple weekends ago, a bunch of us headed up to Dodge Ridge for the day for some fun in the snow. There were over 13 of us, and thanks to Chadi we had free lift tickets. It was my first time at Dodge Ridge and I thought it was great how it only took us 3 hours to get there from the Bay Area. Yes, it was tough waking up at 5.30 a.m. but it was all worth it.

The day was gorgoeous and sunny with blue skies. We had a group of beginners with us so we tried our best to give some tips and pointers. It was fun (and entertaining, hehe).

I did manage to get up to the top of the mountain towards the end of the day. I know I should attempt the more challenging runs if I'm going to get any better... but yes, I'm a coward when it comes to speed and steep slopes. I have to overcome my fear of heights! You'll find me looking over the edge, trying to summon up the courage to push off and go for it...

And it was just exhilarating! Here we are the four amigos at the end of the day.

And the whole gang before heading back. (Poor Angie, she fell and hurt her shoulder. But fortunately it was not too serious and she was still all smiles.)

The sun was still up so some of us decided to stop for some sledding. We also got into a snow ball fight. Note to self: Watch out, some of these guys can throw a mean snow ball! I got this huge bruise on my leg from a tumble but that was just a small price to pay for some good old-fashioned fun. ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails