Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kanye West: Harder, better, faster, stronger

Another concert at San Jo's HP Pavilion; thanks to S for finding tickets.

The night started out with Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D. and Rihanna as opening acts. Now, I can't say I'm really a hip hop music expert. I can recognize songs, but I'm not very good at telling the artists apart or knowing who sings what. Rihanna gave a pretty good performance, with backup dancers and all that.



My one complaint was that it took way too long for each band to set up. Lupe, N.E.R.D. and Rihanna all performed for 3o minutes. And it was 30 minute wait between acts. Next thing you know, it was 10pm and Kanye wasn't even on yet. It's too late for someone old like me. ;-)

And yeah, I was feeling pretty old. I was definitely on the other end of the age range in the crowd. haha.

Then finally Kanye came on, crashing in on some unidentified planet. That was the story line for his show... Kanye on the journey to finding his way home. Kinda lame, I thought.


But the music was good and full of energy. Fun!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails