Saturday, April 12, 2008

Half Moon Bay

I met L for lunch in Half Moon Bay after class on Saturday. We wanted to try out the famous lobster sandwich at Sam's. Apparently, it has been voted one of the best sandwiches in the country by NBC's Today show. The sandwich was ok. I enjoyed the clam chowder and the steamers. I think it's a nice place to go for beachside dining. There's outdoor seating, a firepit, and easy access to the beach.

It was a beautiful day and I had the idea to walk to the other end of HMB beach after lunch. It didn't look so far away.


Ahhh, the sound of the crashing waves. The smell of the ocean. It had been a while since I felt the sand in my toes (not since last summer).

We saw some wildlife.

It was something like 4 hours later when we finally finished our little walk. Walking in the sand was quite a workout and I'll have to admit I started whining a little somewhere around the halfway point. Still, it was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails