Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air

What's the best part of the winter for you (if any!)? For me all that cold is only good for one thing - the snow. And let's keep the snow on the mountain for scenic and recreational purposes only. Otherwise snow just means cancelled travel plans and horrendous traffic snarls.


Today we were lucky enough to get some respite from the city smog and escape to the snow for some cross country skiing.


It was so peaceful and quiet. There was hardly anyone around while just on the other side of the mountain were the busy ski lifts and downhill slopes. It makes me question why I should go downhill skiing instead.


The view of the lake with the surrounding mountains was just beautiful. And It felt deliciously warm under the sun.


What a change from my week sitting in the office all day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails