Friday, April 2, 2010

Buona Pasqua

It's been a while since I last posted.  What's been going on?  Let's see, work has been consuming most of my time and energy during the work week.  And it won't be letting up for months to come. 

Then I decided enough procrastinating and enrolled myself to the local driving school.  I just have to accept that neither my American nor my Malaysian driver licenses can be converted, and bite the bullet and go through the process to get an Italian license.  So it's twice a week when I attend classes in the evening, and then there's the studying I need to do on my own on the weekends and evenings.  I also have to practice driving stick shift again.  I was 17 the last time I drove with manual gears... ugh!  The most difficult part about the theoretical test is the language.  I struggle during class trying to follow the instructor.  Which means I really need to study on my own in order to stay afloat.  And that's a struggle too.  My dictionary is my new best friend.  If only it can take the test for me!

Well, I'm glad it's the weekend.  And not any weekend.  It's Easter weekend!  There's Easter Sunday followed by Pasquetta of 'little Easter' the day after.  It's a holiday so I won't have to go to work, and although the weather forecast is predicting wet and dreary for Easter Sunday, the sun should be out for Monday.  We don't have any big plans.  Tomorrow we're having lunch in downtown Milan with the Malaysian group.  I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with old ones.  My expectations for the food are not too high (it's supposed to be Malaysian food) which means I just might be pleasantly surprised.  And for the rest of the weekend we will be with S' family in Valtellina.  We just might get one last ski run in.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday filled with lots of chocolate eggs and bunnies!  Buona Pasqua a tutti!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails