Friday, May 8, 2009

Hej from Copenhagen!

That's 'hi' in Danish. ;-)

My sis is here for work this week and I just had to hop over to spend some precious time with my one-and-only all-time-favorite sister!

The EasyJet flight was quick and uneventful. It took only 1 hr 45 mins. Much closer than Chicago.


We're staying at the Radisson SAS, with a funky dated decor. For the weekend, we're moving over to the Marriott nearby. I found rooms for cheap on Priceline.


The view of the Central Station from our high-up room.


View of the Tivoli Gardens.


The town hall square.


And lastly, a statue of Hans Christian Andersen, the beloved Danish author and poet, famous for the fairy tales that we all grew up knowing. Remember...
The Ugly Duckling
The Little Mermaid
The Little Match Girl
Thumbelina
The Princess and the Pea
The Emperor's New Clothes?

Puts a smile on my face. ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails