Sunday, January 20, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance?

Haha... actually I KNOW I can't dance! I have the typical engineer's two left feet, I'm sure of it!

But on the drive home from Tahoe, Min tells us that she's signed up for a hip hop dance class at Mission college. It was the winter session, so only 4 weeks long, twice a week for 2.5 hours each.

Hmm... it sounded intriguing... and I could put 'learn to dance hiphop' on my New Year's resolution AND accomplish it within the first month of the year... Why not?

And so Qing, Long and I signed up, along with Min and some of other friends.

It was my best decision of 2008! Haha... True, I still can't really dance, but with lots and lots of practice, I can actually do the choreography passably. It's very physical (I'm beat at the end of the night) and it's a real challenge for me to get the steps. But the instructor, Ceech, is really awesome.. funny, encouraging and full of patience. My classmates are a friendly, fun (and young, haha) bunch.

I don't have a video of our current class, but our moves are similar to the previous semester shown here. So much fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails