Monday, July 9, 2007

4th of July Fireworks

This year I watched the fireworks again with friends at Santa Clara's Central Park. It was a perfect warm summer evening and we stopped at Kirk's Steakburgers to grab burgers before strolling over to the park for a picnic.

The fireworks show was great... especially the breathtaking finale that took everyone by surprise. The sky just burst into a cloud of glittery gold powder. I recorded some video and I loved how you can just hear everyone gasp in awe and disbelief at the pretty display. For some reason it just refuses to upload and believe me I've tried several times. So here is just some regular footage from the show. (You can hear some commentary in the background, thanks to Yvonne!)



I realize that I've celebrated quite a number of July 4th's. Even though I still see myself as foreigner, I do feel some twinges of loyalty and love for this country of USA. Countless of beautiful memories and friendships have been experienced here, and I will always carry them close to my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails